Friday, February 08, 2008

February Here We Come

I can't believe it's already the 8th. What have we done? Mike went skiing last weekend while I stayed home with the kids and cleaned the house. That night I needed to go shopping for some new pants (my last good pair of jeans has a hole in the crotch - sounds about right doesn't it?). So, Melinda and I hit the mall. She was pants hunting too. We each got a pair of pants and then each got a pair of shoes. Who knew a night of shopping could be so good? We finished off the night with ice cream from Cold Stone. I was happier then.

My time seems so limited lately, Mike and I are so busy. Mike is coming home each night with work to do, because he doesn't have access to a computer at work (he does sometimes, but there are only two computer for 3 employees). And I've been exercising more. I go two nights a week to the rec center for swimming and then I've been playing basketball. So, my nights are so jam packed.

All in all life is about the same (busy as usual).

Ashton is 5 now and has given up his nap (for the most part), can you blame him? But I make him have quite time. He has to go in his room and read a book or play his Leapster. I like it because I still get time to do what I need to do (usually work) but it is good for him as well. One day during quite time, he was being really loud, so I went to talk to him. He was clearing a place in his closet for Snow Grill (a stuffed animal) to take a nap, because Snow Grill was tired. About a half hour later, this is what I found.

Isn't it cute, him all cuddled with Snow Grill for a nap. It's so funny to me that Ashton likes to sleep in his closet.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

What you didn't mention is that you got a FABULOUS pair of jeans! So SASSY on you!

Kristin said...

Cute picture of Ashton. "Snow grill" isn't a dragon you purchased at IKEA is it? Looks familiar. We have one too. Good for you getting exercise. I just started that last week myself. The Holiday pounds weren't leaving and they were inviting their friends!