How is it that my sweet boy is eight? I can hardly believe it.
Ashton turned eight at the end of January. Mike had some vacation he needed to use or lose, so we decided to go down to St. George for the weekend. We decided to leave on a Thursday, which was Ashton's birthday. I made arrangements to get off of work early. I went to Ashton's classroom to see him talk about his poster, then I read his favorite book to his class. Then he handed out treats and he left school early to come home with me, so we could start our drive to St. George.
I had his presents wrapped and on the table that morning, but we ended up taking them to St. George for him to open. And I'm pretty sure, he didn't open most of them till the next day.
Ashton got clothes, including PJ for his birthday
My dad had made arrangements for us to go to the basketball game with him that night. In the end, Ashton decided not to go (he hung out at grandma & grandad's). But Emma and I got to enjoy the game with grandad and my grandpa Howell (who was snowbirding down there).
The next morning my mom pulled out some Christmas presents she forgot to give the kids, along with presents that Ashton got for his birthday, everyone got to join in the fun.
Ashton got a pirate-tastic Christmas, what a cool ship
Ashton got some Lego's for his birthday
Emma got some lip gloss and fake nails
Ashton is not a lover of cake, so this year I made brownies and gave him vanilla ice cream for his birthday. I think he was disappointed not to get a cool cake, but when he doesn't eat it, I don't see the point.
Ashton with his birthday ice cream
For Ashton's birthday, we made sure that we did a trip to Pirate Island while in St. George. The kids don't necessarily love to eat there, but they do love the games. I hope that changes in the next couple of years.
We did a lot of our standard things in St. George, went swimming, rode the 4-wheeler, and then Mike and I did a bike ride. I haven't ridden for months, so it was nice to get out.
Ashton is such a great kid!! He is doing so well in school (reading well, and behaving well). He is growing so much in the gospel and loves to answer questions about church stories. I guess he was hilarious at the Eight is Great meeting for all the kids turning eight this year. He knew all the answers (people accused Mike of prepping him). He's a good kid, totally wired and funny, and we love him so much!!! Ashton, we're so glad you are in our family!!!
The big issue with our trip to St. George, was that the family was getting sick. I'm pretty sure that Ashton had been sick the week before and had gotten the babysitter sick. And it was a doozy of a cold. I took all three kids to the doctor after we got home and the older kids had sinus infections and Elina was sick. I came home with three antibiotics. Then Mike went to the doctor as well (the following week). The best news was that I never caught anything!! But my parents did. My dad caught it (and wasn't happy about it).
The other fun thing in our family is Elina. Our Elina is getting so big, and talking so much. It is so fun to hear her cute voice and to hear her parrot the things we say.
This is Elina being super cute before our drive to St. George
All grins
Making a scary face
Friday, March 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Comment list: How did we get so old?! Your parents are way cool grandparents! Elina is adorable! You are amazing to ride your bike while pregnant!
He's 8?!! How crazy is that? I'll be there in a few months with my oldest too.
And how cute is Elina??! She's getting so big!
Didn't your tummy get in the way when you were biking? You rock! That's a great story about Ashton knowing all the answers at the Eight is Great meeting. Go Ashton! He must have good parents! It's nice that you can go to St. George. Sometimes, I wish we had a place to go to just get away for a while.
Post a Comment