The first weekend in February, Ashton got baptized, Feb. 5, 2011. It was an exciting (and busy day) for our family. My parents came up the night before (and stayed at the hotel), but came over bright and early to help. Mike's family made it to the event as well, and several people helped by bringing cookies or drinks.
Ashton and Mike before the baptism
Mike and Ashton in their white clothes
Mike had to work the morning of the baptism, so I was super glad that my parents were around to help. We decided to have lunch at the church after the baptism (so I didn't have to clean my house). Dad helped me set up the church, mom helped me by watching the kids and doing the meat and cheese plate.
There were three kids in the ward that day that got baptized, Ashton, Jaden Green and Kathryn Cook. The program and confirmations went pretty long, but it was a good day.
Ashton got to pick someone to give a talk on the Holy Ghost (he picked Logan - who did a great job), and someone to say the closing prayer (I got that privilege). Mike baptized him, and Grandpa Brown did the confirmation. Ashton asked that Grandpa Brown and uncle Andrew be the witnesses to the baptism.
Those in attendance:
My parents
Cassidy, Nate, McCoy
Grandma and Grandpa Howell
Ryan, Julie, Kylee, Laryn, Tate
Dylan and Cameron
Mike's parents
Helene, Andrew, Gavin, Brynn, Daniel, Hailey
Kari, Court, Cam, Anson, Hunter, Cecily
Paul, Mindy, Abby, Aspen
Neena, Quinn, Logan, Seth, Dori, Megan
For the luncheon we had:
Peanut butter, honey, and jam so the kids could make a sandwich they liked (this was primarily for Ashton since his favorite sandwich is a peanut butter sandwich)
Turkey, ham, and roast beef, and a selection of cheeses for sandwiches
Chips (sour cream and onion, as well as plain - Ashton's Favorite)
Two salads - broccoli salad and a seven layer salad
Cookies made for dessert (chocolate chocolate chip, and chocolate chip) - Ashton loves cookies
Soda - as well as Sprite with Cranberry ice cubes
It was a great day. I didn't get very many pictures. I had hoped to get a picture of at least our family (I even had the kids color coordinated with their outfits), but I just didn't get it pulled off.
Mike and Elina, they're so cute
Thanks to all the family for coming, bringing food and presents, and for helping us clean up. We love you! Ashton had an awesome day!!
Ashton we are so proud of your choice to be baptized. I hope you always remember that day and the feelings you had. Mostly I hope you know how much your family loves you!!!
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Can you believe that we have 8 year olds? Yikes! Lily's baptism is at 9 am. I hope that we aren't late for it! I think it's great that you wrote down who was there. That will be nice when Ashton gets older.
I love all the details that you wrote down about the day! It looks like it was a perfectly Ashton day!
Post a Comment