The big news for January is that we are expecting baby number 4.
We didn't tell the kids that we were having a baby until the morning of the ultrasound, in fact until we arrived at the Dr. office. We knew we would keep the baby a secret from the kids for a long time. I was much more willing to tell the kids earlier than Mike. In fact, I was going to the kids about my appointment the day before and Mike cut me off and wouldn't let me. Most of our family, and my work knew we were expecting in December, but we knew if we could keep it a secret from the kids, we could keep it pretty quite.
The Dr. thought my kids were hilarious. He was super surprised that Emma wanted a baby brother. Ashton asked how we would know if we were having a boy or girl; the Dr. looked at me and said "I'm not answering that". And then when we found out what the baby was, the kids didn't get it. I had to explain that it was the baby's penis, and that we were having a boy. At that point Ashton and Emma stood up and started to dance. They were so excited. Elina didn't get it. She was bothered by the stuff on my belly; "Mommy, yucky" she kept telling Mike.
We are expecting our baby #4 (a baby boy) on June 5.
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Congratulations!! That is so exciting!
Marenda
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!
HOORAY, so exciting and fun!!
I am so happy for you! I am also jealous that you feel so good. Not fair!
Congratulations! I can't even imagine what it would be like to be able to hide a pregnancy that long - and a little jealous that you can!
Congrats!!! You can definitely keep a secret longer than I can. That's so fun that the kids got to find out that way!
Post a Comment