I had never been to the Bean Museum until the end of July. It was a nice hot day, so Melinda and I thought we would spend some time indoors. It was so nice to go with a friend. Some of you probably saw Melinda's post about our trip. I think she got some better pictures than I. But it was supper fun.
The kids loved looking at everything, and it was nice to catch up with Melinda. The best part was the live animal show we got to see in the basement. The kids thought it was so cool.
Emma and Laura were inseparable. What cuties!!
Ashton is always a riot. Notice the girls posing in the bottom right hand corner.
This is just the cutest picture of Melinda and Eliza. Sorry I'm so slow posting a cute picture of you and Liza!
All the kids working a pose.
Emma touching the snake.
And of course me and the water shrew.
The story behind the picture is... A friend of mine at work, Shannen, had just come back from a field study, where she spends a week in a remote area of Nevada trapping, dissecting and documenting small mammals. On the last day of her trip, she caught a water shrew. It was the first one ever documented this far west, and it was only the second one her boss Eric had ever seen, and he's been doing this for 60 years. I had never seen a water shrew, or even cared about it, but Shannen was so excited about it. And just a few days later I went to the Bean Museum, and there I got to see a stuffed water shrew. What do ya know!
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
The Bean Museum is always fun. I am glad that you got to go!
YAY! We had such a good time! I'm glad we got to go together!! Going with your family made it so much more fun!
Post a Comment