Friday, April 16, 2010

Elina Update

So, I had said I had wanted to keep better tabs on what's been going on with Elina, so, here I go.


On March 25 (or maybe even the day before) Elina cut her two top teeth.  Those were teeth number 4 and 5.  She has been our slowest to teeth.  But all in all did pretty good while she cut them.

Around early to mid March, I began weaning Elina.  By the time we went to St. George for our bike ride, she was fully weaned.  It wasn't that hard for her.  For a while she started to spit up again, I'm guessing due to the formula.  But she did really well.  The best thing about weaning Elina was that I got to sleep through the night.  She was doing good before, typically going 6-9 hours at night without eating or waking, but usually getting up between 3:00 and 6:00 am to eat.  Now that she's weaned, she goes 11-12 hours without eating.  Yeah for me!!!

Up until about two weeks ago, Elina had one word - Dad.  Now she has added two more words to her vocabulary.  Mom and Hi.  It is so fun to hear her cute little voice.  I love that she can say mom now.  But she really doesn't know what she's saying.

She is also doing great on solids.  For awhile, she didn't like baby food, so we struggled early on.  Now she is doing great and eats a lot of table food.  For dinner, we usually give her what we are eating.  At lunch she has turkey or chicken nuggets, and some string cheese, and at breakfast she has a variety of cereals she will eat. 

She still does her funny crawl (one leg crawling right, and the other dragging along like she is sitting cross-legged).  She can now pull herself up to stuff.  Every time I go to deal with her in the crib, I find her standing up.  And before that she learned to get to a sitting position from laying down (that was a sad day for me).  Now, it is so much harder to get her to sleep.  Also, Elina has started to sleep on her belly.  Oh how she's growing.

She can wave bye, give 5, pat us on the back, blow kisses, and sign for milk.  I love this baby stage, she is getting so fun and so big. 

1 comment:

The Jackson 3 said...

I so want to sleep through the night. Caleb is up at 11, 3, and 5 on formula but I guess he is only 6 weeks old. I cant believe how big she is getting