Saturday, February 20, 2010

Basketball

In January, Ashton came home with tickets to a Flash Basketball game.  The problem was, the tickets were for that night.  I already had stuff going on, and obviously hadn't prepared for it.  So, my answer was no, Ashton we can't go to the game tonight.  He was devastated, so much so, that he was crying and sobbing on the floor.  So, when UVU decided to do a employee appreciation night and give out free tickets to the basketball game along with free hot dogs, chips and drinks, I asked Ashton if he wanted to go.  He was so excited.  So, on Thursday, Feb. 4, we went.  The biggest issue was that Mike had to work, so I took all three kids alone.  I was so scared, but it went great, the kids were good, and it was lots of fun.

 

Because I was alone, I got there pretty early (I heard the food lines had been terrible - previously), and so we got good seats.  The cheerleaders were in front of us, and the band was to our front left.  We got our food first and then sat and waited for the game to start.
It's pretty hard for kids to eat off of their laps (not to mention me trying to eat with Elina on my lap).

 
Don't we look good (Elina was really good - I think she had a great time looking at everything).
 
The half-time show that night was Ronnie Price.
That night Ronnie Price was inducted to the hall of fame (hence inviting all the employees to the game).  My kids thought it was great.  Besides going to my church basketball games, they've never seen a basketball game.  It was a fun night.  We left about 5 minutes into the second half.

On another note, I have started playing church basketball again.  My goal is to make one basket a game, I think I have averaged two baskets every game.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Way to go Andrea! Brings back memories of the good ol' Price 4th Ward domination days! Just kidding!