Mike mentioned to me one day that we had enough berries on our blackberry bush that we should make jam this year. I said "that sounds great, but you do realize that I have never made jam". Mike seemed to think I wouldn't be that hard, and proceeded to pick blackberries and buy the needed supplies. And he gave me the assignment to make jam one night (this is after we debated about making jam you cook verses freezer jam). Anyway, after the assignment was made, I didn't do it.
So, kudos to Mike - all the jam made at our house this year was made by Mike. And when I say all the jam, I mean that Mike made 4 batches. Two batches of blackberry from our berries in the backyard and 2 batches of raspberry from some berries we bought while up at Bear Lake.
Mike I think you are pretty great. Thanks for making us some yummy jam!! And it is yummy!

5 comments:
I love blackberry jam, it's my fav!!! I take my dads berries because sis haynies chickens ate mine!! (fence coming soon)!! you did well for your first time!!! kuddos to you :) !!!!
Mike, you are the bomb.com - Come teach Steve how to do it!
Black berry jam is my favorite too. I made jam yesterday too, but mine was peach. Let me know if you want to make a trade. That is way impressive that your hubby did that.
Sounds heavenly. I was a slacker this year (and every other year) and didn't make jam either--even though we got lots of fresh raspberries from Cory's grandparents. They were great on cereal, but I didn't have the time to do anything else with them. Maybe one day/year/decade/millenium.
Way to go Mike! I love homemade jam.
Post a Comment