Mike had Thursday and Friday off, so we considered going down on Wednesday night, but in the end, couldn't come up with enough to do on Thursday before the rest of the family got there. So, we went on Thursday. We packed two cars (Mike was supposed to come home on Friday night, but in the end, he was able to stay till Saturday). And it was a good thing we had two cars. We had a lot to pack. We all brought our bikes, we had two tents, Mike's golf clubs, and food for several days.
The boys got to go golfing each morning. Mike and I got to ride bikes on both mornings, and the kids had a great time riding their bikes around the KOA. My mom and dad had a hotel room, besides Cass & Nate, we were the only ones in a tent, the rest have campers/trailers. And then the group had a bunch of 4 wheelers. Oddly enough, Mike and I never rode them, but the kids got to go for a few rides.
On Friday afternoon, we went to Cove Fort. Anyone in the group who wanted to go, could go. I have never been there before. Lucky for us, it was Cove Fort Days. There were free hot dogs and drinks, wagon rides, and extra stuff. I didn't get to see very much of the fort because I had to go and nurse the baby, but it was still nice and it seemed like the kids enjoyed it. Our family, my mom, Ryan, Julie and their kids, and my grandpa all came.
On Saturday morning I let the kids go swimming while Mike was golfing. I'm glad Angie was there because she saw Emma struggling and jumped in and saved her.
Each night was spent just hanging out and chatting. Poor Elina had an ear infection after the trip but did pretty well her first time camping.

1 comment:
It looks like a fun trip. I've heard about Cove Fort, but I haven't ever been. I would like to go.....sometime.
Post a Comment