Saturday, August 22, 2009

24th of July

This weekend was so long ago, I don't know if I remember what happened. My mom was in town, so that is always nice.

On Friday, the 24th we were out in Mapleton at their city celebration. My uncle lives right on the parade route and we got to enjoy some delicious food and the parade. Again, our clowns made the rounds throwing candy.
Aren't my cousins and grandpa cute!

We had to get a picture of grandpa and Elina

Then the kids got to play in Kevin's pool. They had a great time. My kids are now old enough to do that without me having to get in - yeah!!

Ashton has on blue goggles, Emma has on green floaties

The sad part is, Kevin got out the slip-n-slide when I made my kids change clothes and get ready to head home - oh well.

A matching Emma and Elina

I was able to put the kids in matching outfits that day. It was really fun for Emma she loved it.

Later that night we went and did dinner with Mike's dad's side of the family. We are at the point now when this is the only get together that they do, so we try really hard to make it each year. Mike's grandpa was there, and we were so glad. He hadn't met Elina yet and Elina's middle name (Darlene) is after Mike's grandpa's wife who has passed away.

That night we took a big family picture, and then we also got a picture of Mike's dad with his father and siblings. And then we got to take a picture with Grandpa, and Mike's parents and our family. It was really nice.







That night my mom came to stay with us. And Saturday morning, Ashton had his first soccer game of the season.

He had lots of fun playing and his coach is really good this year. My mom got to come and enjoy the game, and Mike got to come too, so that was nice (that is the only game Mike has been home for). Ashton loves to play goalie, and I think he does a decent job.

Ashton as goalie - I think he saved one and missed one

Ashton's shoe was untied and he had the ref tie it for him

Grandma and Elina at the game

On Saturday night, my mom was great and watched the kids while we went to dinner at Outback and watched Transformers II (not that great of a movie). Thanks mom!! And I forgot to mention that on Friday (the 24th) Elina was 3 months old. What a big girl!

5 comments:

Karyn said...

Looks like you had a great holiday! I am glad that I am not the only one behind in blogging that day, I posted about it today too!

Melinda said...

Holy cow, that is a serious family picture! It looks like you had a great holiday.

Kikal said...

What great Brown pictures, Cam is hilarious. Elina is getting so big!

The Jackson 3 said...

Elina is getting so big and even cuter

Leisa, Cory and Suzie Galloway said...

Summer is so much fun. Too bad it's almost over. It looks like Emma really enjoys Elina--that's great.