Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Time Flies


Over the last several weeks, I can hardly remember whats been going on. Life seems to just go by and I find myself struggling to keep up.

On July 17 I got together with some of my girlfriends from Price. We met up at the Discovery Park and let the kids play while we chatted. We brought lunch and had a little picnic. It is always fun to see those girls. It is amazing that we lived in the same ward and that we now live in Utah county (Orem to Highland). Vallarie was also in town and was able to stop by (she lives in Texas, but was here on vacation). Between the five of us, there are 19 kids. It is just amazing.

My friend Julia

Emma has some great balance

That afternoon Mike, Ashton, Elina and myself went to see Harry Potter (we left Emma home with a babysitter). Ashton did okay, but we are really glad we didn't bring Emma, she has a really hard time with attention span and even Ashton got bored.

Mike had a birthday a little over a week ago. Unfortunately, it was a really busy week for him, so we didn't do very much for his birthday (which I think was fine with him). He was off on the Friday before his birthday (the day I got together with my Price friends) and so, I sent him golfing. Then on Sunday, we made a cake for him. On Monday his parents and sisters came in town and took him to lunch and he opened up a present from us that night. Then last weekend when my mom was in town and we went to dinner and a movie. But I guess that's what you get when you get old, a boring birthday.

Can you see we went all out for the cake

Mike enjoying Elina

Anyway, we've been doing fine and having a great time. I'm back to working 3 days a week, and will continue to do so till the end of August. So, hopefully I can enjoy a little more time with the kids before I go back to work full-time.

1 comment:

Andrea - said...

Yeah!!!! It was way fun to hang out last night too.