Tuesday, July 07, 2009

June - Swim Lessons

Some much happened in the month of June. I'm so far behind - oh well.

My mom had a birthday - Happy Birthday mom - we love you.

There was Father's Day. I've got a great husband and father to my children. Not to mention my Father who I love and appreciate, and Mike's dad who is awesome.

We've played at the park, and visited cousins so that I could get my hair done. And tried to swim on Friday's.

But we spent two weeks in June doing swim lessons. My kids were both in level two in the same class. I was a little disappointed that they were together, but it turned out fine. Ashton was in level 2 last year, but didn't pass - mostly because he didn't pay attention (he had the same problem this year - needs to work on keeping head above the water and listening). This was Emma's first time in Level 2. She did really well. I can't decide if I am going to put her in level 2 again next year or advance her to level three. Even though there was rain most every day, the only day we got rained on was the very last day (they had canceled a day because the pool was cold and moved us to use the last Friday and that was the day we got rained on). Otherwise, we didn't have issues with the rain in the morning (it rained in the afternoon). Of course the last day is the day the kids get to go on the water slide. Ashton didn't go last year, but was willing to go this year (yeah!).

Kids waiting for class to start (singing "I can't get no, satisfaction")

Emma practicing back float/kick

Ashton practicing back float/kick

Ashton after sliding

Emma coming down the slide

Kids waiting for their teacher (after sliding)

I love swim lesson time, it makes me feel like a mom. And Mike was home a few days and so he was able to watch Elina for me. The days she went with me she was great, she usually slept. Hello summer!

No comments: