Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Recap - What's Been Happening

Time has just been flying by and I'm not really sure where all the time has gone. Friday my baby will be 8 weeks. I can hardly believe it. So, I will try to recap what has been going on.

Elina - our sweet babe

I have tried to have some things on our calendar most days, just so I can enjoy the summer with the kids (it's not often I get to be a stay at home mom in the summer - wait, that is never!).

So, the first week of June I went to the park with the kids and some of my friends and their kids. We had a great time playing and hanging out. After that we went to Arctic Circle for lunch. My kids really wanted to go to McDonald's so, I bought them McDonald's and then I bought my food at Arctic Circle.

That night I went out with Karyn, Melinda, and Andrea. We went to dinner and grabbed a snack. Andrea had to work late, and only made it for dessert, but we were sure glad she made it. The highlight of the night was just before going home we played with Andrea's sword (we balanced it on our head).

On Wednesday a friend of mine took the kids (Ashton and Emma) to the pool. The kids had a great time, and it was so nice for me. Thanks Rabid Runner!

On Thursday the kids had to go to the Dentist. Of course, they have to go back for dental work (both have cavities that need to be filled). That night I went to Royal Nails to get a much needed pedicure. I went alone, but Julie showed up just as I was done - funny.

I tried to take the kids to the pool that Friday. We were there about 45 minutes when a storm started to come in and lightening started. They kicked us out of the pool. Sad, but I'm glad they kept us safe. This day, Elina was 6 weeks old.

On Monday, I did my first day back to work. It wasn't terrible, but who wants to go back to work? I've decided to go back slowly. I hope that it works out best for all of us! Natalie came over and babysat. I think it went well, and look forward to having her babysit this summer.

My mom came into town on Sunday, and I got to see her on Tuesday. But first on Tuesday morning, I had to take Ashton to the dentist. It wasn't too bad, he just needed to have a filing re-filled. Then that afternoon, we had a girls event and Cass, my mom, Emma, Elina and me went to get pedicures. Since I had just had one, I got a facial. It was nice. The girls were nice and let Emma soak her feet and then painted her toenails. She thought she was so big!!!

On Wednesday, Cass and Bridger met up with us and we went over to Thanksgiving Point. Mike met us and we ate at the Deli. Then we went to the farm. We had a great time. The weather was perfect. Then I took them to check out the Smith's Market Place. We had a good day.

Emma and Bridger

Grandma Bringhurst and Ashton

Emma on the Pony Ride

Cute baby horse

On Thursday, I took the kids to story time at the library. It's probably not the best day for it, since I plan on working most Thursday's, but oh well, it was the only time open. I think I could go on a different day if I needed to. Then that night Mike, Elina and I went to the Kelly Clarkson concert. I couldn't believe how many people were there! We decided to sit in the bleachers (pretty far away). But it allowed us to sit for the concert and offered some protection from the rain/sprinkles. It was fun, and she sounded really good, and Elina was great, a perfect angle.

We've also had a chance to take the kids to a couple of movies. On one of Mike's day's off, we took the kids to see "Up" in 3D. It was a good movie and lots of fun to see in 3D. Then on Saturday, we took the kids to see Night at the Museum - Battle of the Smithsonian. I thought it was okay - not as bad as I heard it was.

Saturday was a busy day. I took the kids to the Art City Day's Parade. Doug was nice enough to save us a place. I like that parade because we have a good spot (thanks to Doug) and because the kids get candy. Cass, Nate and Bridger were also there. It was a nice morning (the weather was perfect).

Cass & Bridger

Our group

Emma

Ashton grove'n to the band

Once home, we took a few minutes to teach Ashton how to ride his bike (two-wheeler). He did a great job and learned really fast. I can't believe how old he is getting!

Look at Ashton go

I guess the last thing to note is that our sweet baby Elina has colic and it is late at night 10/11/12 or so. It is hard because we are so tired, but we feel bad for her too. What a sweetheart. We can't wait till she is 3 months old so it can end!

3 comments:

Melinda said...

That night was so much fun! I'm glad you have been feeling well enough to fill your days with fun!

Andrea said...

Sounds like you guys have been having fun! Ashton was so cute in class on Sunday. I let each of the kids tell us about something they did during the week, and he couldn't stop talking about riding his 2 wheeler and how much faster he can go. His face lit up the whole time he was telling all of us about it.

Kikal said...

Looks like you all are busy and loving it! Elina is too cute! The day we were planing to come see you guys you were in St. George - too bad you didn't read our minds and stay at home that weekend :)