Saturday, June 06, 2009

End of School

The week before school ended was field day. Also, Farmer's Insurance sponsored a 1k fun run. I had Ashton registered to do it. I can't believe how many kids showed up. There was a great turn out, and I think he had fun. He was in the middle of the pack, so that was great. When he passed me he was walking, so I thought I would get a great picture, but someone ran right in front of him when I took the shot, oh well. Ashton didn't want to wear the shirt he got for the race, he wanted to wear his race shirt from the 5k we did in December - funny kid.

Ashton getting ready to run

The start

Way to go Ashton!

The last week of school, Ashton class had their graduation. It was so cute, and it was short and sweet. The kids did a poem (Oh the Places You'll Go - see video below); then each said what they liked the best about Kindergarten. Then we saw a DVD Mrs. Lemmon made, and then the kids sang a song. Ashton did a great job, and so did his teacher. She was nice enough to give a copy of the DVD she made to every child. Ashton had a great year in kindergarten. I couldn't have asked for a better teacher and teacher's aid. Thanks Mrs. Lemmon and Mrs. Edwards.

Ashton walking in

Ashton & Mrs. Edwards

Oh the Places You'll Go

1 comment:

The Jackson 3 said...

so cute! Your faimly is just adorable