Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Three Day Weekend

So, we had a three day weekend (due to President's Day) and we also celebrated Valentine's Day.

Because we had gone out to Banff on Tuesday night, and because Valentine's Day doesn't really get celebrated at our house, most of our weekend was pretty lame. The weekend was a busy one for Mike. He worked until 9:00 on Friday. On Saturday (Valentine's Day) he worked 8-5:30 cleaning rooms, poor guy. But he came home to have dinner with us. When he came home, he even brought both Emma and I flowers (thanks Mike!!). I had potatoes in the oven and he cooked the family some steaks. The kids talked about loving steak; we had a great dinner. That night, Melinda and I had planned to go out and do some shopping (Melinda talks about it). We are the pregnant girls, and so, we thought we should do the dreaded pregnancy shopping together. First Kohl's then Motherhood. We seriously filled up one entire dressing room with all the stuff we tried on in Motherhood. But we both walked away with some pieces we were happy with. Pretty sad when you spend Valentine's Day with a girl friend instead of your spouse.


Mike had been debating whether he would ski on Monday or Tuesday and on Sunday decided Tuesday was the day. On Monday morning I went to pick up the tumbled Marble Stone that we ordered for the kitchen back splash. But it wasn't until Monday around noon that we decided to tackle the kitchen back splash. By the time we got everything prepped, we didn't start the project until about 3:00. First we laid out the focal point above the sink. Then we had to put it up on the wall. Mike had suggested the diamond, and I love it. I think it turned out great.



We worked together to get it done (actually Mike did most of it). I even took a big break and got dinner for the family at JCW's. Me and the kids were done by the time Mike got to his next stopping point. We did get it finished that night - so, that was the good news!!!




Aren't 3 day weekends fun? But should I really complain when I love the finished product? Thanks Mike for all of your hard work!!!



That night Emma was in desperate need of new shoes, so I took her to Target with me to buy shoes. Oh what a night. The girl threw a fit in the store and lost her privileged of getting the CD she wanted because she threw a fit. What a girl!!!

8 comments:

Melinda said...

The backsplash looks fantastic! I need to see it in person. And, shopping with you was GREAT!

Missy said...

That is awesome! Your kitchen looks great!
You guys have been doing some nice tile-work!

rabidrunner said...

That's talent.

L. Smith said...

Are you for hire?! Awesome job on the backsplash!

Kristin said...

I LOVE the back splash. Good job!

Karyn said...

I wish that I was able to fix up my house. If only it didn't take money...and talent! Your backsplash looks great! I will have to see all the changes you have made in person some time!

Jewel said...

Pretty backsplash and pretty flowers!

Kikal said...

Your house is looking awesome!! How's the pregnancy going? Getting close!!