There are several things I have been meaning to blog about but haven't got the chance, so here it goes.
President Obama - So, in the month of January, President Obama was inaugurated. I didn't watch the inauguration, or really think that much about it. Yes, it is cool that we have a black president, but shouldn't it be more about what he does as president? He has a lot of huge challenges facing his presidency, and it really should be about what he does. In the end, I'm not sure that I trust him. I'm really afraid of all the deficit spending. On one hand, we will have to spend to create jobs, yet on the other hand, how much spending is too much? I also have concerns about health care, and the war. All I can say is - Good Luck - I don't want your job!!!It's a Girl (for sure) - I made it to the doctor in January, and had a second ultra sound. The baby wasn't breech anymore and gave us a much better shot. We now know, it is a girl. Emma still wants to name the baby Katie, we still don't know what we'll do, but Mike has me seriously liking a few of the names that he brought to me one night.
Home Projects - So, here's what has happened in the last two weeks in the house. Two weeks ago, we had the plumber come and work in the laundry room. He gave us a washer box, plumbed for a utility sink and helped with the dryer vent. We also had a guy there to measure for new counter tops. Next came the heating guy to give us a heater vent in the new laundry room. The framers came next, followed by the electrical, and then the drywall was done last Friday. On Monday the drywaller's came back to sand and finish up. Mike then got to start his projects. He painted on Monday. And installed a tile floor on Tuesday. He grouted Wednesday night while I went swimming. And we moved the washer and dryer back in the room last night, after removing our counter tops. Today we got our kitchen counter tops installed. Whew!!! Next, Mike needs to finish the electrical, and lights, as well as the finish work (base boards and door moldings, etc.). Oh yeah - and solve the tile problem in the doorway. But for two weeks, we've made tons of progress.
The hard thing about the tile was that there were two spots that it needed to match up (we need to match old tile to our new tile). In the end, Mike was 1/2 off when he got to the second doorway without enough room to correct it. We left this patch that we are going to put a pattern in. Hope it works out!
Parent Teacher Conference - Ashton is hilarious. I was talking to his teacher and she told me about a conversation that Ashton had with her in class one day. He raised his hand and said "Mrs. Lemmom just so you know, I have yellow spit today. And it tastes yucky." Another boy in class said "Ashton that's called a loogie." I laughed so hard. He's also been on this Raving Rabbid's kick (except he calls them "Raving Rabbits", which is fine because I don't want to have to explain what a rabid animal is to him). His teacher for a long time thought he was making it up, and thought he just had this really creative imagination. He's so funny. She was showing me some of his work, and he had made bunny ears on each of the letters of his name. What a goofy kid!
Emma - This girl is on my nerves. If any of you know of dance or gymnastics taught in the afternoon (on Monday, Tuesday or Friday) please let me know. She really needs something else, all she does right now is push my buttons. This girl thinks she is the mother of our household.

10 comments:
The tile looks great. I can undersand how exciting it must be to get it in and the washer and dryer back. I think we went almost 3 weeks without a washer and dryer and I got so sick of taking my laundry to my sisters or parents house.
I hope Emma doesn't have asthma. It is no fun to pay for medication but wow has it made a difference for Addie. She hasn't been very sick at all this winter or last winter and before the medication she was constantly sick and coughing so much she would throw up etc. It has been more then 2 years since her diagnosis so if you have any questions or just want to talk let me know. I don't have all of the answers but am very comfortable with her treatment plan. It really intimidated me at first because I was completely unfamiliar with asthma. Anyway, good luck and hope you get answers. I told Addie that Great Grandma Brown had asthma and she was so excited and thought it was cool.
Marenda
The new countertops look great. What fun to get everything all new. Tim told me about the annoying way your school does Parent teacher conferences. I am sorry.
your counter tops are awesome! I am jealous. We can't wait to come see it.
Sorry about the asthma, I know first hand how bad that stinks!
The house looks amazing. I love the countertops, btw! And, nice job on the paint and tile!
Also, thank you for having the same opinion as I on Obama; I have felt alone in it!
WHOA!! Major posts!!
First off...your house looks awesome! I bet you're excited about that! I'm jealous of your countertops!
Happy b-day to Ashton! Crazy! That means I'll have a 6 year old in a few months!
Congrats on a girl!! Did you see my blog?!! I'm prego too!! But not due until Sept. One LONG HOT summer!
And it looks like your holidays were fun! Lots of great pics!
I'm glad you blogged, it was good to see all the fun things you're doing to the house. we're excited to see it. I didn't realize how busy you were with the holidays, but it looks like you had a good one. we're excited to have another girl join the family. Ashton and Emma will be so much fun to watch with a new baby in the house.
the counter tops look great!!!!! Congrats on the girl!!!!
I'm so glad you updated your blog...an what an update! Let's see if I remember all my comments :) 1. LOVED ashton's cake, perfect for him! 2. Your basement looks great and so do the counters. 3. That picture of you blowing up the balloon is hilarious! 4. Obama is lame and I am very disappointed in him/media/the suckers in our country. 5. Keep us posted on how Emma is doing and congrats with your real girl :)
What! I didn't know you were pregnant. I live too far away. Congrats! And the house looks great.
andrea, congrats on the pregnancy!!!! i had no idea!!!! that is so exciting and how fun that it is another girl!!!! congrats again!!!!
Post a Comment