I taught about squares and the color brown today. I taught about squares the first time this year, and I did brown last year with Ashton's group. Because I had done squares already this year, I had to be careful about not teaching the same thing again. But with Brown I could use some of the things I did last year.
Here's how the day went:
1) who can find something brown
2) who can find something square
3) throw a ball through a square hole
4) read "Brown Bear, Brown Bear"
5) play hopscotch (minus throwing the rock)
6) play/sing "I'm Going on a Bear Hunt"
7) make houses out of squares, triangles, and rectangles (all shapes you can make from a square)
8) eat and paint with chocolate pudding
Emma - I love chocolate (who's daughter am I?)
Melanee - licking her finger
Parker - messy bear
Brinna - no way, I'm not getting messy
Ashton - diggin in
Don't you just love it!!!

1 comment:
Sounds like a great lesson. You have to prepare SO much to fill the time with little ones don't you?? Our Preschool disbanded because everyone moved and/or had babies...I am so sad.
Post a Comment