Monday - Dye Easter Eggs. I had boiled eggs on Sunday so that we would be ready to dye eggs on Monday. I only did 8 boiled eggs, so we only used half of our egg dying kit, and used three colors. It's kind of hard to know what colors we were getting so we got Red, Blue and Purple. The red turned out pink and the purple was hard to get very dark, it looked mostly pink. If we put an egg in the purple and then moved it to the blue, it then looked purple. But the kids loved it. I also let them add stickers to them and we tried coloring one or two of them. It was good. Oh yeah, and it was family home evening, so Mike talked about what Easter is really about.
I had book group on Wednesday night. We had read "These is my Words". It is really interesting.
And Thursday night was date night. Mike and I did dinner and then some major shopping at Costco. Thanks Randall's for babysitting.
Ashton and Emma both had a Easter parties at preschool (Emma on Wednesday and Ashton on Thursday).
On Friday, Mike got to take a half day off of work (because he had to work Saturday and Sunday - Easter). So, we tackled a home project. The garage desperately needed to be cleaned out, so we did. Mike also used his handyman skills and built a rack/box to hang from the rafters in the garage to store off season items. It was really productive.
Saturday brought an Easter egg hunt and time with family. My grandparents (my mom's parents) live in Mapleton and in a very posh ward. They have an Easter egg hunt every year an in a few of the eggs, they hid a paper that states the child has won a bike. They gave away six bikes this year. They also did hay rides behind four wheelers, horse rides, a pet parade, etc. It's fun for the kids and good for me to go and see family. Cassidy even came with us. She helped me and Ryan out since our spouses weren't there.
After the activities we went back to grandma's house and shot the breeze for a while. I took the kids home at about 1:00 and put them down for a nap. Once naps were over, we went over to the hotel to take advantage of the swimming. Mike was working the Manager on Duty shift which meant he had to stay at the hotel. Because he was staying, we could go swimming. We invited Ryan and Julie and their girls to go swimming with us (there girls are in the picture below). It was lots of fun. Then after swimming, the kids and I met Mike for dinner in the hotel restaurant. That night the kids and I came home. It was hard to leave Mike. He worked last Easter too, but last year we stayed at the hotel with him. This year, we have church at 8:30 and just made things more complicated.
Easter morning I used the video camera, and not the camera, so sorry, no pictures. Ashton woke up after I was out of the shower, so that was good. I let the kids go Easter egg hunting and then began to get us ready for church. Amazingly we made it to church on time.
After church I let the kids pig out on Easter candy and have quite time. Then we went to Mapleton again for a family BBQ at 3:00. Sommer and Amber and Pablo were there. It was really nice to see them, we hardly ever do. The weather was a little cool, but it was nice just to hang out with the family.
It was a good Easter (it would have been great had Mike been there). Oh, and I should let you know that I couldn't find my camera for several days, so that is why I am slow in my postings.

3 comments:
Sounds like a great easter! What a fun hunt they went on
I am beyond impressed you got Easter in before Church and on your own! You RULE!
Good times! The weather was so great we were lucky this year!
Post a Comment