Friday, November 17, 2006

This Week at the Brown's

How does life go by so fast? I can hardly believe that it is November and mid-November at that. It is just amazing at how fast time goes by. And as I look back at this week, it feels like Monday was forever ago. What a paradox!!!

Anyway, just like every week, we've been busy. We tried last week to fix the home computer (which is why I haven't posted, because I couldn't get to the pictures on my camera). Thanks Randall's for all your help. But Mike was able to get Steve to help us fix it. Now, it's just a matter of getting everything back to the way we like it.

Tuesday and Wednesday nights I did some visiting teaching. Last night my dad was in town and took us out to dinner. We took the kids with us, and now I remember why we don't. It didn't help that they were very slow getting our food out, so the kids got bored.

And last night and tonight I get to have girls night out. Last night I went out with some friends from HS and the home ward. Julia, Diana and I went out to Wingers for appetizers and dessert. It was so nice. We usually get together with our kids, and usually Heather comes too. It just didn't work out for Heather, so I'm sure we'll try again when it works for Heather. And next time we will probably include the kids (but I think we will meet every other time from now on without the kids). It was so great to see them and to chat and hang out. It's always fun to see them and to look back at how we were, and who we are now. The four of us live within 20 minutes of each other, so, we should be getting together more often.

Tonight, I get to do girls night with the girls in the ward. I'm so excited because the YW ladies will be there. I miss them a ton. I went walking this morning with Karyn and that helps. And Andrea M. is my visiting teaching partner, so I get to see her once a month, but it's amazing how much I miss them. I am so looking forward to it.

Mike is going to Bountiful tonight and tomorrow night after work to help take out tile countertops and install concrete countertops at Bill and Becca Ward's house. With Mike gone, my dad is going to watch the kids while I'm at girls night.

Finally, an update on the kids. I need some help with potty training regression. An accident a day keeps mommy angry. I don't know what to do, he's killing me. I think there are 15 or more trains on the fridge that he can't play with. And today he had two accidents (this is before 12:30 mind you) so I took all the trains and train track away for the day.


Emma has become the "I do it myself" girl. I know that Ashton did that, but she is so decided. She just thinks she is the boss. And she is the mean talker. Mike and I need to be more careful about what we say, but she needs to learn what is appropriate. Last night in the car she told me to "knock it off". What a stinker. Emma should just be known as super, either super sweet or super sour.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

I have no suggestions for you. The only thing I have is sympathy. I've changed Laura's sheets twice this week due to nighttime accidents. So, if you get some good ones, let me know.

Anonymous said...

I am with you on the PT stuff. Yuck! I am so tired of talking about potty, and wee wee and you know the rest. I know sometimes when Darin and I are alone together I am going to ask "do you need to go pee pee?"