Monday, November 27, 2006

Preping for Christmas

So, we came home from Price on Friday night, and spent Saturday and Sunday prepping for Christmas amid illness.

Mike had to work 36 hours straight (a manager on duty shift), so I was with the kids. My mom and sister came over on Saturday, and I taught them how to make mints (you may get some for your Christmas gift from our family).

We made 12 batches, that was a little much. We probably should have only made nine. I think it took us six hours. Oh well, you live and learn.

Since Mike didn't get us a tree, my grandparents had bought us our first fake tree. We got it as an early Christmas gift. Me and the kids put it up on Saturday night, right before bed.

So, on Sunday morning, we decorated. Besides the main tree, last year I got two smaller trees (that if you had a rustic room, could stay up all year). I let the kids decorate one tree each, and I decorated our main tree.

Because Ashton and I were pretty sick, we stayed home from church and napped. It was nice for me. I needed all the rest I could get.

Sunday night the kids and I went to the hotel to see Mike, we ate dinner there with him. That was a special treat for me, because then I didn't have to cook. Mike didn't get off of work until 11:00 - I was asleep.

Our house now feels like Christmas, and it is great, I love the holiday season.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow you even have authentic mint boxes. How impressive! I love your tree a kid idea. I am a little compulsive about the ornaments being hung around the tree evenly so it makes decorating with toddlers frustrating.

Anonymous said...

Great idea with the trees for the kids. I love it. Hope you are all feeling better now.

Melinda said...

So, fun! Emma couldn't quit talking about her tree being "decorated" today, so it was definitely a hit!