Monday, November 27, 2006

One Eventful Thanksgiving

Well, I'm sure just like your Thanksgiving, our Thanksgiving was eventful.

Wednesday included sending the kids to Price with Steve and Crystal to have an afternoon mostly to myself. I did some cleaning, and then read my book. I could feel a cold coming on, and was tempted to nap, but didn't. Paul and Mindy came at 5:00 with dog in tow. We ran an errand, that didn't turn out as quick as we had hoped, and then ate dinner at Outback. We were already running later than planned and then our ticket got lost - resulting in a two hour dinner, but a substantially reduced bill. But that meant we were running late for the BNL concert (Barenaked Ladies). When we got there, they had already started. That was a bummer, but they played such a great set, did some new arrangements, and played some of the oldies. It was great.

Once done with the concert, Paul and Mindy found out that their dog had gotten out of our yard. The Day's had been nice enough to call. When we got home, the Day's had put her back in the yard, and she stayed. But she paid a price for escaping, a bloody foot. We wrapped her foot, and then traveled to Price. It was a late night.

We got to Price at 1:30. My kids were asleep, but Hunter, Gavin and some of the older kids were still awake. Hunter was having tons of fun running from one room to another (it was amazing he didn't wake up Ashton). But, it was too bad, because he ran into a room, tripped over a suitcase, and wacked his head on a bed. Needless to say, Kari had a trip to the emergency room that ended in eight stitches.

Thanksgiving dawned, and Mike went out paint-balling. He came back with some welts, but I think he had a good time.

Thanksgiving lunch, kept getting postponed later, and later. We didn't eat until 3:30, which is fine, I just wish I had known ahead of time. I had planned (and did) to nap the kids after dinner. Janet (my mother-in-law) decided to do a kiddie buffet for the younger kids, and nixed the traditional meal for them. It was a great idea.

Neena, and Helene did a great job of keeping the kids busy during Thanksgiving morning. They made paper turkey's, melted sponges in the water, and made crowns. Here is a picture of our cute girls in crowns.

We spent Thursday night in a hotel, which was nice. But the kids, were still turkey's and didn't go to bed until 11:00. Mike got up on Friday morning and went to his mom's for breakfast (she was making his favorite, Norweigan pancakes), while the kids and I stayed at the hotel and swam.

Friday we took the kids to the new discovery park in Price and then Mike, Andrew and Paul went out looking for Christmas trees. They came back later than I had hoped, and Mike came back without a tree. Oh well, by then it was time to head home.

Like I said, it was an eventful Thanksgiving.

No comments: