Friday, December 09, 2011

Late October

Ashton had flag football season well into October.  But it was definitely getting colder for the night games. 

 Ashton "hiking" the ball

Elina's hair is getting so long.  I have been able to put it in French braids.  I love it, but it takes some time, and requires she sit still.

Elina's beautiful hair

One day the kids told me there was an owl in the backyard.  I didn't believe them but went out to check anyway.  And there was one.  A baby one.  It was so cute!!  When I went in to get the camera, I told Mike too.  It flew threw the yard and landed on the swing set.  Mike brought out his good camera, and got some awesome pictures. 

Owl (my cheap camera)

Owl (Mike's good camera)
And it wouldn't be October without Halloween.  This year we had the ward party (trunk-or-treating and a carnival), the kids dressed up for school and then we went out trick-or-treating.  The kids sure had a ton of candy!!! 

 Ashton, Elina, & Emma before the ward party

Ethan, Superman at the trunk-or-treat

 Elina getting her face painted at the ward carnival

Brylie & Emma at the ward carnival

 Ashton and Ethan (zombie sucking superman's blood)

 Ashton made an excellent zombie

 Emma was a cute Minnie Mouse

Elina made a darling Tinker Bell

Ashton wanted to be a zombie, the good and bad news was that his costume was mostly make-up.  I had to go buy some since I don't own much.  Emma is wearing a Minnie Mouse skirt that my mom made for Cassidy when she was little.  Elina is wearing a Tinker Bell costume that I made for Emma when she was little.  And thanks to Deborah who lent me Ethan's Superman costume.  The kids had a great weekend!

1 comment:

Karyn said...

Cute costumes! I would have had to buy makeup too! :) That's so cool that you saw an owl. Elina's hair is beautiful! I wish Clara's would grow!