Man, it sure is hard to catch up on the blog when I've been behind. I've been behind for so long, I don't know what it is like to be caught up.
We were met with some bad news in Nov. My uncle Kevin died. We were planning a get together, an early Thanksgiving of sorts (two weekends early), and the day before Kevin passed away. We still got together with the family, but we knew we'd be together the next week for the funeral services.
Laryn and Emma had a great time, they even sang and did a dance
Ashton loved running around the gym
Grandad and Ethan
Later that night we got together with my dad's side of the family for our annual dinner. It was nice to see the family. We had seen Judy and Larry in St. George on one of our trips (I wanted to show off Ethan), but we hadn't seen Terry and Steven since the previous year.
Me and Mike at dinner
The funeral for Kevin was held the following Thursday. My mom stayed in town all week, and then my dad came up. I took the kids to the viewing on Wednesday night. Mike, Ethan and I went to the funeral. Both my parents spoke, as did all the brothers, and Kevin's best friend. Kevin's two boys spoke as well, along with his grandsons. Then they opened it up the the nieces and nephews. It was a nice service. It's hard to lose someone who is young. It was hard to watch his children (Jentry is just a senior in high school).
It was a sad day, and hard to teach Ashton and Emma about death.
Saturday, December 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment