Friday, August 26, 2011
24th of July
I love the 24th of July. I have such fond memories of the day when I was a child. It think it's great that I get to keep those same traditions as an adult and let my kids enjoy them too.
This year, most of our celebrating was done on the 23rd. Although Mike had the day off, he spent most of his day riding. I got the kids up and we drove out to Mapleton for the Mapleton parade. Kevin, even though not feeling well from the radiation treatments, let us all come and party at his house again.
We spent the parade hanging out on the front lawn, and trying to decide if it was worth it to sit in the sun on the sidewalk (to get the candy).
Here's the family
It was sure bright in the sun.
Cass, Bridger, Ashton, Elina
Emma spent her parade time like this.
Emma, Laryn and Kylee were passing out candy with grandpa
Here's our cute crew of clowns. My grandpa has dressed up as a clown for many years; since I was a little girl.
Grandpa, Dylan, Kylee, Cameron, Laryn - our clowns
Then Ryan and I took the kids to the park. They got to play games, and get treats and prizes. Elina was great and even sat super still while she got her face painted. And she was so proud of it all day long.
Elina and her heart balloon
Emma and her flower
Later that night, we went up to Kari's house to have some dinner with her family and Helene's family. We usually meet with the Brown's but Mike's parents weren't going to come up, so we didn't go to that party, we had our own. We had a great time, and love being with family.
On Monday, July 25th, it was a holiday for UVU, and Mike was home too, so we were able to take the family to the pool that day. The kids loved it (especially Elina). We had a great weekend.
Just a little update on Ethan. Ethan spends most of his awake time at our house under his toys, and he is just so happy about it. What a good boy he is.
Ethan smiling at his toys
Happy 24th of July!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment