Thursday, May 26, 2011

April

Okay, so it looks like I am just getting around to posting about April.  I may be stuck posting 2 months late from now on. Let's hope not, I really need to be caught up.

The first weekend in April was conference.  Mike worked on Saturday, so me and the kids "watched" conference alone.  We were able to all "watch" conference together on Sunday.  There were some great talks.  There was a really good talk on parenting that I need to go and read.  The kids did okay, and I was not sick (which I think I have been sick the last two conferences).  It was a nice mellow weekend.


The following weekend, we went to St. George.  Mike was planning to finally ride the 100 mile ride for Tour de St. George.  We left on a Thursday night, late after we got done with work, and Emma went to a birthday party.  It was 10:30 or 11:00 by the time we got to St. George.

So, what do we do in St. George?  We eat:

It was so good, Elina was lickin her plate

 Emma and Ashton (what great smiles)

We play:

Elina chillin in a basket

We swim:

Me and the girls

Ashton and his torpedo


Emma's all set to do a trick

Mike was all set to do his bike ride on Saturday, but the weather was not cooperating.  It was quite cold that weekend (the ride started in the 40's).  It also started in rain.  Mike got snowed on in Hurricane.  Overall it was a cold, wet day.  He was totally bummed out since he really was ready to ride 100 miles.  But when it came down to it, he rode about 65 miles and was done.  He was soaked to the bone, and couldn't feel his legs or his feet. 

He texted while we were swimming that he was done.  My mom had come to the pool with us, so I sent her to get him.  He came swimming with us to try and warm up.  He struggled the rest of the day to be warm. 

Later that night, we took the kids to the movies to see Rango.  I still can't figure out who their target audience was.  The movie is very ... interesting.

On Sunday we went to Price.  Paul and Mindy had Violet on Sunday, April 2.  So we got to see her one week later.  She is so cute, and looks just like her dad.

Baby Violet

When we first got there, we had to check out Paul's animals.  The kids loved checking out the cows, chickens and rabbits.

Checking out the chickens

Elina liked the animals too

Me and Violet

The little girls had a great time playing together, in fact, we hardly saw them they were having so much fun.  Ashton was the only boy, and was either tormenting the girls or trying to find something to do.  

Ashton hangin out with dad

We stayed the night in Price into Monday (that week was spring break for the kids).  It was a pretty mellow day.  Mike and I got to go to lunch together - Greek Streak (don't tell anyone, it was my first time there).  We had a great weekend together as a family.  We figured it would probably be our last trip before the baby comes at the end of May.

No comments: