Wow, it looks like I might be able to get all caught up with March.
I must say, we've been blessed. Some kids are just prone to certain types of illnesses. My kids have always had issues with ear infections. Elina was the first to get tubes. We've had croup just once before and up until this month, we had never had RSV. In fact Elina was never formally diagnosed with RSV, just an respiratory infection (but the two other girls at the sitter had RSV, so we are pretty sure Elina did too).
Elina hanging out on the couch, watching "Rella" (Cinderella)
Elina had a cough on a Sunday, and by Tuesday we thought we should take her to the Dr. Mike could take her Tuesday before the sitter, or I could take her Tuesday after the sitter. Mike ran her in before, and we are glad he did. Elina was sick, really sick. Let's just say, it was a long week. She was not allowed to be around other kids, because she was still contagious. So, Mike and I had to play trade off all week long. Not to mention, we had to give Elina breathing treatments 3-4 times a day for probably 10 days. The good news was, we could do the treatments at home. So, for the first week, Elina couldn't go to the sitters because she was sick, and for the second week, she couldn't go to the sitters because the babysitters daughter was sick. And the third week, Elina had an ear infection. Whew!! I hope the sickness is all done. Ashton had a cough the third week, and so did I. In the end, I had to go and get an antibiotic for a sinus infection. Ashton got over his cough.
Emma and Elina (Emma looking great, Elina sporting the onesie)
Emma loves to pick up Elina
Whew!! It was illnesses that ran from about March 20 through mid April (Elina got a second ear infection just after our trip to St. George and is still on medication now). I really hope it is out of our system.
A special thanks to Mike's parents who did some babysitting for us that second week when Elina couldn't go to the sitters.
Elina enjoying some chocolate (her shirt is not)
Elina was sure spoiled during that time. She didn't want to eat and spent lots of days eating only popsicles and watching movies or the TV. She loved it. I'm just glad it's over. Mike had a terrible experience at the dentists office with both Ashton and Emma getting cavities taken care of and Elina who got a fever while there and became a total pill (she's bossy!). We're glad to be healthy.
Friday, April 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Sounds a lot like what Sadie went through a few months ago. So not fun. Man! Alina sure is a cutie!
Yay! Eliza calls her "rella" too. I'm glad you survived this sickness!
I'm glad you are all feeling better! Sounds like our month of February. No fun!
I am sorry that you had to deal with that! Sickness is no fun!
Post a Comment