Thursday, September 23, 2010

Weeks Go By to the 24th of July

In all honesty, without pictures, I have no idea what we do.  So, when my pictures skip from the 4th of July to the 24th of July, well, that's what ya get.

The weekend of the 10th of July Mike and I had hoped to do a race at Huntington Resevoir in Emery County.  It's close to home and feels like home.  We had planned to spend the night in Price, have the kids stay there while we did the race and then boogie back there to hang out some.  In the end, we didn't make it down there.  We were slow to register, which turned out to be a good thing.  We had something come up and it just didn't work out.

Instead, Mike and I spent some days home together.  Mike took the kids (Ashton and Emma) to Despicable Me, they all loved it.  And Mike and I worked in the yard on Saturday (it desperately needed it).

Mike's birthday was on the 20th of July.  He would prefer that it not be mentioned, but that wouldn't be any fun!!  Mike's family was in town so we did dinner with Mike's parents, Neena and her kids, and Cam and Anson, and our family.  We had dinner at the Brick Oven.  We spent a fortune on the balloon kid, but all in all had a nice time.

This is Mike's birthday cake.  Good thing someone loves him - his sister Kari.  Doesn't it look divine?  It was.

Mike's birthday really was low key, he picked what he wanted and ordered it for himself, other than that, he got a few cards with money.  It think it suited him fine.

So, on the 24th of July, Mike worked - sound familiar?  And I wanted to run the Mapleton 5k.  So, my gracious mother agreed to watch my kids while I ran. 

Bad news - I woke up 20 minutes after I thought I would leave.  Good news, I was already packed, and made it on time.  Love those days, right?  Julie was so great, and was all ready for me.  We ran together and had a great time.  We even had a good time.  We ran it in 26:30 (or at least I did, Julie was not far behind me).

Then on to the parade, which we viewed from Kevin's lawn; we ate yummy food, attended the carnival,  playied with cousins in the pool and on the slip-n-slide, and all the while ate more food.

This is Elina and I enjoying the parade, can't you tell?

 Laryn and Emma watching the parade.

Ashton enjoying a soda and the parade.

Our clown family.  Didn't you know, grandpa dresses up like a clown too, and drives the 4 wheeler and a wagon on the parade route, and throws out candy with these cute/cool clowns as his helpers.

Emma enjoying a bounce house at the carnival.

At about 1:00 I took the kids home to have some quite time, followed by getting ready go again.  Mike's family does a gathering every 24th of July in the evening.  Being the great photographer that I am, I have no pictures of this event.

Finally, the day was over, but the following day, we got together with family again and had a BBQ.  My mom was in town, since Cass was going to have a baby soon, so we figured, why not party.  Mom bought squirt guns, which the adults had more fun with then the kids.  We had some organized games and what not.  It was a fun day, and I even have documentation that Mike attended (he made it to one party, yay!!!).

 Here's Mike showing his love of the camera.

Better watch out, uncle bullseye has a gun!!

Kids filling up water guns in the buckets.

Here we are all hanging out and chatting.  Note, many have wet spots on their shirts from the water guns.

It's always fun to hang out with family around the holiday's, even the summer holidays!!

2 comments:

Melinda said...

I love that you do parades! It looks like a great time!

Leisa, Cory and Suzie Galloway said...

I love the picture of Emma jumping and her hair up in the air--she looks like she couldn't be happier, unlike Elina who doesn't look like she likes parades. 8) Mike's birthday cake looks amazing!