Most of my shopping took place on Friday. I found out from a friend about a sale on Scholastic books, and we decided to go. I wasn't sure if I was going to make it because I had forgotten to get a babysitter, but Karyn's mom was so nice and offered to watch my kids. Thanks Becky!!! We had a great time (Deborah, Melinda, Karyn and myself). We left around 3:30 and got home just after 6:00. After I fed my kids and took care of them, Mike came home just after 8:30 and I left to go shopping again (Melinda, Karyn and I). We hit Kohl's and we were there till after 11:30. I think we visited every department in the store. But we had fun and got a lot accomplished.
We (Mike and I) slept in on Saturday. It was my big goal to sweep and mop the floor. It was terrible. I got that done and was about ready to start on the bathrooms when I got sent on an errand. We needed new paint to paint the bathroom baseboards (and some additional baseboard). Hence Emma and I went shopping. After that I was asked to make phone calls regarding a specific cheese Mike wanted to find. But before we went cheese shopping, we snuck in a X-mas photo (for Christmas cards). Then, we drove to Draper to Pirate O's because "they had it" (the cheese that is). But they didn't so we stopped by IKEA for some some browsing and cinnamon rolls. That night Mike and I watched Hancock.
Sunday brought Mike feeling terrible. He's been coming down with something for most of this week (I took Emma to the Dr. on Monday and she had a sinus infection and a possible ear infection). She's been getting better, but Mike's been getting worse. He looked bad yesterday and he was ornery and tired. I hope he's doing okay today. He left for Arizona early this morning. Boy do we miss him (especially me). Hopefully the kids will survive (I'm a little cranky)!

No comments:
Post a Comment