Monday, December 08, 2008

It's Beginning to Look Alot Like Christmas


We got the Christmas decorations up last week. But we had to do it in phases, life is just too busy. So, on Monday the tree, and the house decorations went up (including the stockings and the Santa collection). On Tuesday I got the big (my) Christmas tree decorated. It is a live 10 foot tree. Finally on Wednesday the kids got to decorate their trees. I bought these a few years ago so that I could have my tree and love it, and the kids would get a chance to decorate a tree, and they could each have one for themselves. Too bad Ashton was grouchy for the picture.

11 comments:

Melinda said...

Your tree is gorgeous! I need to come over and smell it as well as see it!

Kikal said...

Great idea with the little trees for the kids!

The Jackson 3 said...

I remember you did the kids trees last year. Its such a great idea.....

Cynthia said...

Good job on the decorations!

Karyn said...

Looks like you had fun....or at least Emma did! I understand the decorating in phases. I do the same.

Jones Family said...

wow a 10 foot tree. That is so awesome and it looks gorgeous.

Kristin said...

If it makes you feel any better, we still don't have our tree up, we do it on the 13th of the month with another Swedish Holiday. I can't wait to get our tree up but I have my fears about how our cats will do with it. Wish us luck! Your tree is beautiful and I like the idea of kid's trees. Where do you display them?

Andrea B. said...

Our kids trees are just in the front room with our Christmas tree. I don't let them take them to their rooms.

Missy said...

Cute idea with the kids' own trees!
That's crazy you know Stephanie! She's my backyard neighbor, just kiddie-corner behind me! I'll have to tell her!

Deborah said...

What fun trees!
That's a good idea to give the kids a tree too. My tree doesn't really have a theme... so I guess it is kind of like our random family tree. :o)

Jewel said...

Hey Andrea,
That picture of Ashton reminds me of Will's expression in our fun "let's go build a snowman kids" picture last year. It was supposed to be a fun activity but Will was mad about something. Let's not sugar coat the memories. Childhood has its ups and downs.