Here's some recap as to what has happened the last few weeks. We drove to Price the last Sunday in May so that Mike's brother Steve could bless their baby Franky. It was Mike's mom's birthday the day before, and so we spent a little time over at her house as well wishing her a happy birthday and letting the kids play with cousins. (Note, Mike's brother Steve does not live in Price, they blessed the baby in Crystal's parents ward and did the luncheon at Crystal's parents home).
I got together with my girl friends to celebrate Melinda's birthday. We had planned to watch a movie, but instead spent the night chatting.
Dad came up for a job interview. I didn't see him, but talked to him. He didn't get the job. Mom just doesn't think it is time for them to leave St. George yet.
I ran the ward 5k last Saturday. I won the girls division (but there were only two of us). But I was quite happy with my time of 26:46. Better than when I ran the Mapleton 5k two years ago.
On Saturday, Mike's niece, Dori, got baptized. Mike had to work and the baptism was at 5:00 in Cedar City, so I wasn't very willing to drive the kids there alone. I also felt obligated to be to church on Sunday and all together it just didn't fit the schedule well. Sorry Dori.
I have been reading "His Dark Materials" Series, the Golden Compass Books. It was really quite enjoyable. It is very much a thinking book, and there are lots of things I haven't sorted out, but I quite enjoyed it. And for the record it is not Anti-God, at least that's not the way I see it.

In the last few weeks we've been able to watch a couple of video's including Dan in Real Life, and Juno. And on Saturday we had a date night. It didn't go as planned, Mike worked 10 hours that day, and we ate dinner in the car on the way to the theater, and Mike went back to work after the movie was done at 10:00. But we did get to see a movie in the theater. We saw Iron Man and I quite enjoyed it.
Somewhere else in there, I did Bunco one night and took Ashton and Emma on Ashton's Preschool field trip (hopefully I'll do a quick blog).
Anyway, life is good, life is fine, life is busy. I've just been busy living.

5 comments:
Yay! I'm glad you enjoyed the books too.
I am really enjoying the Golden COmpass series too. As I read the second I totally neglected my kids and home however. I am resisting getting deep into the third book so my kids see more of my face than my eyes for a few days. When I get into it I imagine I wont be seen again for a while. My friends are kind of nervous about the whole thing, but you have given me courage to talk about it in my blog too. Thanks for that.
I wish I had the energy to run a triathlon. Good for you. That is much better for you than blogging~but.....I love it when you do. Looking forward to your updates.
WOW! Great time on the 5K. So what is the ward prize?? Your name in the newsletter? J.K.
You are so awesome for doing the Triathalon. Best wishes with it! I will be here with my feet up wishing I could use my new bike trailer. At least I can still swim. (I am due June 25th btw.)
Good for you, doing a triathlon! You should look into the Scofield one sometime, who wouldn't want to swim Scofield?
Life sounds busy but very fun!
Post a Comment