All in all, Mike was great!! He did a great job of putting in the circuit board. I should give him credit, he is becoming more handy by the minute.
This is the other big thing that happened. The Monday while the furnace was broken I had a guy in my ward come over to work on our wireless. I don't know why our wireless is so hard, but I'm sure glad we have a friend who fixes it for us. Anyway he brought his 2 year old son with him and while we were playing in front of the fireplace with some toys we don't play with often, Emma had an accident. She dove face first off the couch and hit a "Little People" toy. It is plastic and doesn't have sharp edges, but I think it was the force at which she hit it that did her in. I knew just looking at the cut that she would need stitches. So, I said good-bye to our computer repairman (he was nearly done and Mike and Ashton stayed home) and Emma and I went to the Insta-care Clinic. I new it would be cheaper than the Emergency room and would take about the same amount of time.
Emma was great. She was happy, and pleasant, until, they gave her a shot to numb the area. We waited in the waiting room about an hour, and then got in. A nurse brought her a pad with some numbing stuff on it that Emma held to her face (still very pleasant). Then the Dr. came in. The nurse held her face, and I held her hands (on her chest). She screamed during the shot, and scrunched all up, but didn't put up a huge fight. She didn't like getting the stitches (3) but she did pretty good. And all the nurses gave her so much praise. That made her happy and pleasant again. The Dr. even blew up a glove and called it a fish balloon for her. She got a sucker and a bouncy ball. In total it took about 2 hours. It was a long night. But she was a trooper.
By the next morning we believe she had popped out two of her three stitches (Mike could only see 1). We went back one week later to get them out (the one out). She really only did have one in and her scar was a little bigger because two of her stitches came out, but oh well. She healed, that's the key.
There are good things that happened, so I should talk about those too. We took the kids skiing on the Saturday that the furnace was broken. Emma was so good on the hill. She was so excited to be skiing. I swear she was the most pleasant child, I could hardly believe it. Ashton on the other hand struggled. He just isn't motivated, and wasn't into it. Mike was getting frustrated with him because he wasn't paying attention. We did free skiing at Alta from 3-4:30 and got in two runs. It was plenty. I'm sure we'll do it at least once more this year. Nothings cuter than little kids on skies. They did get a little cold at the end, but they did pretty good. I think we will wait for more spring skiing conditions before we go again.
Thursday night (the night the repairman came) I got to play basketball with the ward. My skills are only used for a couple of weeks of the year, so they aren't up to par. But it is fun to play and good exercise. I didn't make any baskets (I plan to next game), but it was still fun playing. Maybe I should do some practicing.
The Friday night that the furnace was still in it's funny stage, I got to go to a girls night. We went and got dinner at Mimi's. I had already ate dinner, so I splurged on a dessert. It was delicious. We spent several hours just hanging out and chatting. It was really nice. Thanks ladies!!!

3 comments:
WOW!! So that's what's been going on since you've been absent from the blogging world!! YIKES!! At least you got to go skiing! The kids look cute! Glad Emma healed fast!
How horrid to have your heater go out in a month like this last january was. I guess it had be on overdrive and that was what did it in.
How weird that a little plastic person can cut her face, but not unheard of. I have a friend who's daughter fell on a toy helicopter (that wasn't sharp either). Even though it didn't cut her pants at all she had a bad cut on her knee and had to get stitches. Sounds like your January was as enjoyable a month as ours...More adventurous though for sure.
Hey, when you are ready for that new furnace...that is what Desi's Tim does for a living. He got us our furnace and central air for a good deal. Yes, I do know the "what is next" ordeal. Been there. It never goes one at a time, it is always 2+...
Love ya
Post a Comment