So, while I was home with the kids I took them to Kangaroo Zoo. We went on a Friday, and although I had high hopes of getting there at 10:00 we didn't make it till 10:30. I'm glad I got there when I did though, it got really busy. But the kids had a great time. They loved playing and Emma did great. She was brave and did all the stuff by herself. She only struggled in the obstacle courses when she couldn't climb up some of the ladders. But it was good, and the kids really want to go back.
Mike offered to work on New Year's Eve. He had Thanksgiving and all of Christmas off, so he felt like it would be nice for his employees if he worked on New Year's Eve. I was fine with it. We didn't have anything planned and with the kids, didn't think we would get anything lined up. And Mike as worked a lot of New Year's Eve's. Mike made it home by about 11:30 and we toasted with Sparkling Cider at midnight. It was fine. That day, before Mike went into work, we took the kids swimming at the American Fork Rec Center. They put a bubble on their pool in the winter. The kids loved it. I broke out some goggles that I had bought on clearance in the fall and some toys they could dive for. They were in heaven.
I did get Emma's room put together over the break. I painted shelves, did some touch-up work, and got everything on the walls. Her shelves are still a little scarce, but it's nice to have the room done.
I started painting Ashton's shelves, but here in mid-Jan, I'm still not done. Oh well. I did get some other things up on his walls.
I started making some headway on the office in the basement, but that petered out pretty quickly. I put one shelve up in the basement (cold storage) but I need some additional tools to finish the three other shelves.
All in all it was a good break. I probably should have skied a day, but felt guilty leaving the kids. I don't regret it. It's good to be with them.

3 comments:
We have done a couple playgroups at Kangaroo Zoo and love it. Definately better for toddlers while older kids are in school, but fun anytime.
I hate that sparkling cider. We usually get one a year from someone and then it sits until the next year. I have 2 right now. I always try them again just to see and I still don't like it. The kids thought it was ok though.
I am impressed you are hanging shelves!!
Ooo...can't wait to see Emma's room!
What a nice long break!!
I've heard that place is fun! We'll have to check it out!
Put up some pics of Emma's room! I want to see!
Post a Comment