Monday, December 03, 2007

It's Beginning to Look Alot Like Christmas

This weekend brought the first (real) snow of the year, and hence it feels like Christmas!!!

Thursday night of the last week was spent out with the girls. We went out for Karyn's birthday (her birthday is not till Dec. 14, but she is due to have a baby on Dec. 10 and we wanted to make sure we got to go out to dinner). We went to Olive Garden and had a fabulous time. It's always good to chat it up with the girls (in this case the girls are my old YW Presidency; Andrea M. Melinda, and Karyn). Karyn and Melinda were in dire need of some female chatting, and Andrea and I were more than happy to accommodate.

This picture was taken at Karyn's house, we forgot to take it at the restaurant. But you can see (as Melinda mentions on her blog) that we are oddly color coordinated.

Friday night we went to Helene and Andrew's house. The kids love to play there, and Helene offered to make us dinner, how could we refuse. We went up once Mike was done with work. And came home very late, but it was fun. It's nice to have family that you enjoy being with!!

It snowed on Saturday and I took the kids out to play in it. Well, I took Ashton out to play in it. Well, I let Ashton out to play in it, and then had to go out because he was wandering all over the neighborhood. I found out at church that he walked into the neighbors house in all of his snow clothes. I've got to teach him some manners. Anyway, he was so excited. So, I got him dressed and let him out. I love to see kids all bundled up. They look so cute. Emma on the other hand is a different story. She was all set to go out until she realized that she would have to wear snow clothes. Mike called her a snow bunny (a pretentious girl skier because she didn't like her clothes and so she wouldn't go out). Mike finally got her out after he got dressed with her. She liked making snow angels with dad. Both the kids have a hard time keeping their gloves on. Anyone have a great way to keep them on or a brand/style they love?

1 comment:

Missy said...

Good question about the snow gloves...cuz we need some good ones too!
You're just like me...I let Brinley go out and just watch her from the window. She just loves the snow but is starting to want people to come out and play! We need to get Cambree some snow pants.