Monday, December 10, 2007

Two Weekends of Snow

The weeks continue to fly by!! I can't believe it will be 2008 before too long. Well, this week we had book club/group at my house. We talked about the books Wuthering Heights and Christmas Jars. I started Wuthering Heights but didn't finish, and didn't get Christmas Jars in time. That one is a quick read, and I should really read it.

Friday, Mike and I went to see Golden Compass. There's been some hype about it being anti-God, but I wasn't too worried about it. Before I had heard that, Melinda had given me the series to read, it was her favorite while in high school. With a recommendation from Melinda, I wasn't worried. And the movie was good. The animation was great, and the story line intriguing. No complaints on my part.

Friday it rained all day, and was set to bring snow. So, Mike and I (well, really me) scrambled to find a sitter so we could go skiing on Saturday. Luckily, some things came together. A family in the ward said they could babysit half day, and Cass was willing to babysit half day. So, it was great. Except that Cass called Saturday morning saying she was ill. In the end, she came through, so that was good. Thanks Cass.

When we left Saturday morning PG didn't have any snow, but we came home to some. It is beautiful. And Solitude Ski Resort had plenty for us to enjoy. It was awesome. It was just too bad that there wasn't a good base, plus the new 30 inches of snow.

Sunday after church and nap times/quite times I let the kids go out and play in the snow. Emma didn't last long, but Ashton did pretty good. I tried to take a picture of him but found my camera battery was dead. It was funny, cause I pushed him down in the snow, the look on his face was great. Here are some picture of them drinking hot coco the week before.


Now, for an update on the kids. They are so funny!!! Emma's has been ending most sentences in "or something". "Mom can I have some milk, or something." It's just really weird. Also, she has to wear a skirt or dress everyday. I have to convince her not to, or I have to have laundry not done so that I don't have any for her to wear. Also, Emma's been going into Primary for singing time (getting her ready for real primary next year) and she has been so sad at the end of primary because she does not get the "Super Singer" award each week. She has gotten it once, but not every week, and it is just devestating to her. It doesn't help that it comes with a treat. What a cute girl. She is so excited to sing with the primary next week in sacrament (Ashton is not).

Ashton has been way into robots, and rockets. He uses his Legos to build rockets. He uses his magnetic balls and sticks to build rockets and robots. The other thing he has been doing is building multiple train tracks in his room each day. We clean them up each night, but he builds new ones each day. It's really funny!!

What cute kids!!!

4 comments:

Jewel said...

Hi Andrea,
Yeah, I did get a pretty negative email about the golden compass. So I'm glad you said what you thought.
I guess I know why someone chose Wuthering Heights(one reason), because it was mentioned in New Moon. It WAS one of the classics I read with Thompson.
If you are the hostess for book group, that is all that is required. But I have heard good things about Christmas Jars.
Emma cracks me up. It is also hard for Caroline- and many other kids- that everyone doesn't get picked in primary.
Have a good day.
Julia

Missy said...

I've wondered about that movie too. I also got an email about it but heard movie reviews that it doesn't have those anti-God parts until the third book. So I was all confused. Glad to have your opinion. :)

The Jackson 3 said...

We saw the golden compass as well. I enjoyed it but didnt realize it was a trilogy so I just signed myself up for 2 more movies. It was pretty good. I didnt feel it was anti-god in the least bit.
Emma and Ashton are just dolls

Melinda said...

We wish we could've gone with you! Glad you enjoyed it!