We love Strawberry Days!! Of course my favorite is the strawberries and cream, and the kids favorite is the snow cones and rides.
This year we tried something new. I took the kids to participate in the children's parade. The kids had a great time decorating their rides (Ashton rode his bike and Emma had her scooter).
Ashton and his decorated bike (we added more crate paper later).
Emma and her scooter (she was so proud).
Elina looking wind blown.
We ran into a few problems, but it was still fun, and I would do it again next year. First, it was a chilly night, and it was windy. That was hard on all of us. Second, when we got there, it was really hard for Emma to scooter on the grass, and she got left behind. She caught up to me by picking up her scooter and running. She was crying and wouldn't scooter through the parade, she walked with her had attached to the stroller, I think she was afraid that she may get lost. Finally, it was really busy, and I missed the line up for our stake, that put us at the very back of the line (that was a pain when it came to the end and we were trying to get our carnival tickets, popsicles, etc.). Like I said, there were some problems, but it was still fun, and I think next year, it will go better.
This is how Emma felt after getting left behind.
After dinner, that night I took the kids to the carnival, while Mike stayed home with Elina. I let the kids do three rides, including "The Big Yellow Slide". Then they got snow cones and Mike and I got strawberries and cream.
It was a fun and busy night.
Sunday, July 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Poor Emma! Although I'm totally laughing at her sad picture. :)
Kids do love parades. Caroline wants to be in one so bad! Good for you to give it a try.
Post a Comment