So, the day after my 115 mile bike ride, I got on a plane and few to Chicago for a conference. I've been to Chicago before, but I like the city and I was with friends, so it was fun. The conference I went to, I also presented at (3 times), but in the end it was still enjoyable.
I was there with several people from my office, so that was nice. We usually did something every night, so that made it extra fun.
Our hotel was right on the river and one night we took a walk down the riverside. We found an awesome fountain. At this time we didn't know there was a fountain on the other side, it was just fun to see this huge water-gun spraying!
This is me on one side of the fountain (it sprayed out onto the river and drenched the boats that came by).
This is the fountain set behind the big sprayer. It was a really pretty fountain (with meaning behind the design and everything).
On another night, went to see The Bean. I'm guessing it has some sophisticated title, but it just looks like a bean, so it gets called The Bean.
The Bean (none of the pictures I had taken of me and The Bean turned out very well).
This is a cool picture from underneath The Bean. It really is neat. From underneath you couldn't tell how high or close the ceiling was, it was so deceptive. Also, we could not find any seams on The Bean, we were wondering how that was possible. Any thoughts?
The final night we were there we headed out to see a White Sox game. It rained, it was nice, and the Sox lost. Oh well, it was still fun!!!
Chicago was grand (for a conference vacation that is).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh man! I bet you were sore! I've never seen the bean before. It looks pretty cool.
Post a Comment