Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Where Has The Month Gone?

Here were are on the 20th of January, and I have hardly blogged. Things have been so busy, yet it is hard to pinpoint where I have spent my time.

Work has been really busy. I've had training and had consultants in at work, so that hasn't helped with things at home. This past week we have been working on some home remodeling projects, so that has eaten up some time. Mike's had a change in his work schedule, and is now in cub scouts. So, things have really been on the move for us.

This last weekend was a three day weekend, and my mom was in town. She came up on Friday, and babysat for my sis so she could go out. Then on Saturday, she came over to babysit for us so we could go out. We had dinner at Paradise Bakery (not as good as we would have hoped), and then went to see Seven Pounds. The movie was interesting. It didn't pull at our heart strings as much as we heard it would. I have some mixed emotions about the movie, but in general, I liked it. Thanks mom for watching the kids so we could have a night out.

The next day, I was in charge of sharing time at church. I don't know what it is with the 12:30 time slot, but it is so much harder than 11:00. I think it is because I have to get lunch ready too. But I just can't seem to get to church on time. It doesn't help that Mike is now working every Sunday morning from 8-noon. In the end, my sharing time went okay. It is nice to only do it once a year, and to be the first one to get it done.

On Monday, both Mike and I were home. It was amazing that the kids let us sleep in. I was so shocked. Usually they come in and bug me. But I got to sleep in until 10:00. Mike and I spent most of yesterday shopping and looking at stuff for the house remodel. Nothing like taking the kids shopping all day!!

As for this week, we will be doing more remodel stuff. I have Bunco tonight, yeah. And Mike has this Saturday off - woohoo!!! Ashton's birthday is next week, so there is lots still going on.

No comments: