Thursday, January 08, 2009

Happy New Year - Late

As I said, Happy New Year. I hope it was good for you. But I am late. That should be my theme - better late than never. I seem to be running late with everything in my life. Don't tell anyone, but my car is currently not registered - I'm late at getting that done!

Anyway, I wanted to blog for a minute about what we did on New Year's. Several of Mike's family members were either still in Price or in Price during the week of New Year's. Due to the snow and cold temps, they were getting sick of each other, and needed a change of scenery. With some last minute help from Mike, they decided to come and stay at Mike's hotel for New Year's Eve. They came up around 4:00. Once we all got to the hotel and the kids did some swimming. We went to dinner, just at JCW's near the hotel.

After dinner, we came back to the conference room (it was nice of Mike's hotel to let us use the conference room) and played games. The kids thought they were in heaven, all being together. We played board games, and team games (there was a younger kids game, and an older kids game, and an adults game going on). Around 10:00 we broke out the Wii. I swore I would take my kids home and get them to bed (we'd leave no later than 10:30). But I couldn't bring myself to leave. I sent Emma up with grandma and grandpa to try to go to sleep, but who wants to sleep when you can play with cousins. In the end, we left shortly after midnight. It was fun, what can I say. And it was good to see Steve and Crystal one more time before they left.

I was lazy that night and had my camera, but didn't take any pictures. These are pictures I stole from Crystal's blog (thanks Crystal!).

Mike, Neena & Me

Cam, Seth & Gavin (playing a game)

No comments: