Wednesday, December 08, 2010

First Part of October

We started out the month of October with Ashton starting a season of basketball.  It was so fun to watch the boys running around, and mostly clueless.  They spent some time before the very first game teaching them some basic skills (passing, dribbling, and some rules).  They also provide the kids different colored wrist bands.  You are to guard the boy with the same color wrist band as you.  What an ingenious idea.


 My birthday is also in the first part of October.  I wasn't going to work, but unfortunately, I had to that day.  I did have a friend (Deborah) watch the girls for me so I could go out on a bike ride.  Woohoo!  Mike made dinner and bought me a pie for dessert that night as (pumpkin is my favorite, and I would much rather something with pumpkin, then a cake).  It was a good day (besides the work part).

I got the new Guster CD

And some delicious chocolates

Me and my birthday pie

Later that week I got to take Ashton on his class field trip.  He was so excited to have me come along.  They went to Hee Haw's, and then to Discovery Park for lunch.

We made it out of the corn maze!!!

We went on a hayride to pick our pumpkins

They had a great time going down the slide

We were able to take a trip to St. George to do the Tour de St. George ride again.  I love the fall ride.  I like the route better, and by that time, I've had plenty of time to train.  We also got to hang out with my parents, and have dinner one evening with Ryan and Julie, and go swimming.  I even got to do some awesome birthday shopping.  It was a great trip.

 The kids got to go on a late night 4-wheeler ride

 Me and Elina, Elina sporting a great hairdo (it's so fun when their hair gets long)

 Mike finishing the ride, he went 100 miles!

Kid table at dinner, Kylee, Emma, Ashton, Laryn

Emma lost a tooth while we were visiting Grandma & Grandad

Grandma let the kids try on some new digs

 Oh that cute Elina

Emma sporting some gloves, and clip on earings

We sure do love to visit grandma and grandad.  Thanks guys for letting us come and dump our kids while we do a bike ride (twice a year).

No comments: